Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Looking for the time.....

Yes, there are two clocks, no three clocks that I can easily see - oh wait, four clocks counting the one in the lower corner of my monitor, so I'm not looking for the exact time right now. I'm looking for the two and one-half weeks that flew by since I got home from the slope. I'm scheduled to fly back up this Sunday and I don't know where the time has gone. Oh sure, I've gotten all kinds of things accomplished, but at the same time it seems like I haven't gotten enough done and there is still so much I'd like to do before Sunday rolls around.
On the upside I've spent some badly needed snippets of time with the family; lunches, dinners, sitting around talking and a couple of shopping trips. I've also done a bit of re-organizing here at home - nothing major, just little stuff. Visited with friends and still have a couple of lunches scheduled to visit with more friends before leaving on Sunday.
Oh, and my brother would enjoy dinner tonight at my house - you see SM has class tonight so Keith and the kiddos are coming over for liver & onions. SM detests liver and onions - she cringes at the thought of even smelling it, but Jim, Keith and I love it so this is the prime time to have it. Of course I'll fix something else for the grandkids as they haven't developed the taste for it yet. I can still remember growing up and hearing Mom say she was making liver & onions for supper. I was in heaven! So dear brother, hop a flight and I'll have it ready when you get here. Yes, I know, your wife will fix it for you, but think of the fun conversations we could have about the old days.
I've started back to weight watchers. It's so true what they say about the food on the North Slope - it's dangerously delicious. I have a few extra pounds that I had lost that have mysteriously re-appeared since starting my job up north. Well, it's time to get rid of them and get back on track. It's just so darned tempting with nothing else to do up there - work, eat, sleep.
Did I mention the chill in the air? It's about 22 degrees right now...I think that's slightly more than a chill. The lovely weatherman is calling for snow by the end of the week. Nothing major yet, but we're about ready for it. My one wish would be for the grandkids to have one warm Halloween. One time of not having to wear so many layers of clothing under and over the Halloween costumes. D does fine with it cause she's our warm baby (baby? lord, she's 9), but R has a tough time with it. He's not the winter child that D is. His idea of trick or treat is to wear his costume around the house all day, go to a few (very few) houses close in the neighborhood and then head back to their nice warm cozy home and help hand out candy to the other kids. Of course, there's his rational thinking of just dumping the candy that Mom bought for the other kids into his trick or treat bag. After all, he's her favorite trick or treater, right?
OK, so sitting here isn't getting anything accomplished, or maybe it is. I'm kind of, more-or-less, catching you up on my life. How exciting, huh?
Better get moving or I'll get nothing done today.

No comments: