Monday, October 29, 2007

Counting down....

Six (6) more sleeps and I'll be home for good, thanks for the reminder SA. I have most of my stuff packed so I'll be ready Sunday - am I getting anxious, only slightly. I'll get home sometime Sunday evening and start my new job first thing Monday morning. That means it will officially be 27 straight days of work before I get a day off. Believe me, I'm sleeping in on Saturday 11/10. Just in case anyone gets the sick idea to call on that particular morning I'm moving the phone to the other end of the house and J will be in charge of answering it. But then it will be my first day off in 27 days and I don't want to waste it by sleeping the whole day away and I'm sure there's going to be loads of stuff to do. Housecleaning, laundry, grocery shopping and all that fun stuff. And I'll want to visit the family in Palmer....lord too much to do. I'm getting tired just thinking about it.
My big problem, what to wear for my first day on my new job. I know that sounds silly, but I'm not the type of person that can just go in and pull something out of my closet, throw it on and go. I have to think about it, you know, stand there with the closet doors open and just stare..... I usually start doing this the night before. Yes, it's a sickness of some sort. And I try to rotate my clothes so I'm not wearing the same thing too often. I do the same with my shoes - can't wear those because I just wore them yesterday so that means I can't wear the dress or pants I wanted to wear today because I wore those shoes with that so I have to pick somethng else, but those shoes aren't my favorite or the sweater is in the laundry, so pick something else, but what shoes to wear with that....you get the picture. So anyway, not having my closet here to stare at - I'm in a funk. Yes, of course I know what's in my closet but I have to be able to see it to really get an idea of what is there. I do have it narrowed down to 3 or 4 things at this point. I don want to make a good impression on my first day and I do want to be comfortable. I know, I know, stop whining! It's my world and I'll whine if I want to......Oh, isn't there a song about that, an oldie but a goodie. It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To...am I dating myself here?

3 comments:

stacy a said...

I used to do that but just don't have time now. Now I mentally think about what to wear while in the shower, come out and put it on. I don't have that many choices. I wear the same couple of pairs of shoes all winter. I have some different pants but mostly the shirts change. Dresses????? No, not so much. I have some nice pantsuits and will wear those if there is a funeral that day. Usually I don't have to be that dressed up. Casual shirt and dress pants.....that's me. I'm sure whatever you pick will be just fine. Now it's 5 more sleeps!

Jackie said...

I'm right there with you about not many choices, that's why it's so hard. I don't want to keep wearing the same thing over and over. I have my favorites and get so into a rut. Now the shoe thing, or should I say the boot thing for me. I currently have about 5 pair of boots, different styles, different heel height, all that. I know, I'm worrying over nothing. Yes, 5 more sleeps!

Larry and Steph said...

Um...I can so picture you staring at your closet LOL...by the way...does it need cleaned out? I haven't been able to 'help' you clean your closet in eons...so I'm sure it is about due. :-) I do the same thing about what to wear...Larry yells at me because I not only think about it the night before, but I talk it through out loud cause that makes me feel better...and then I stand in my closet and stare...and then I check all the laundry baskets of clothes I haven't put away yet...and then I go to bed and start again in the morning...lol...that must be a family sickness!