Saturday, October 20, 2007

Happy dance time...

So I'm sitting up here on the North slope in the bitter cold, a whopping 4.9 degrees, with the wind chill factor and yes it's snowing. As some of you know, I dearly love the snow. I don't even mind the cold. But what I can't stand, absolutely hate is the wind. The kind that just goes clear to your bones and about knocks you over when you step outside the door. Now, I'm not the smallest person in the world - I have my extra pounds, but this stuff is making it hard for me to stand up. And having to wear safety glasses when you go outside just to keep the snow and wind and dirt from blinding you - literally - now this I hate.
So with that in mind, I have a spring in my step today knowing this will be my last hitch up here. Yep, I've found another job - back in Anchorage. I've turned in my notice and my last day will be November 4. That is if they want me to stay that long....lol! Seriously, it's not unusual up here that once you give notice of intent to resign they buy you a ticket home and kiss your sorry ass good-bye, which of course, I won't mind. I've already started packing, just in case. I'll miss so many of the people up here that I've gotten to know and I'll miss the dinners with K - it's really been nice just chatting with him in the evenings when we're both up here. But, because of "conflicts with management styles" (how does that one sound) I have decided I would rather not work under these conditions - and I'm not talking about the weather. Family knows the problems I've been having and I know they understand what I'm referring to. Besides, I miss wearing my 3" heels to work everyday and I miss my business suits! Family can also tell you how I love my clothes!
Really though, the last couple of months have been tough. I've bitten my tongue more than I care to admit. I'm not the type of person to walk out on a job so I've done my best to remain professional, keep quiet, and feverishly search for another job. Well, thank the lord ( and believe me, I'm doing a lot of that) I've found another job.
More later - I better get some work done, just in case they tell me to leave today....LOL!!!!!!

2 comments:

Larry and Steph said...

Details....details were totally left out!!! Where will you be working? What will you be doing? Spill it all... Congratulations to you! Glad you found something else...now how about something in OHIO????

Stacy said...

You are sooo funny! I am so glad everything is working out for you...anything to get away from the psycho-bitch. Seriously....