Sunday, April 02, 2006

B**** Mode - who Me?

Ok, so first let me explain that the last week and a half has been some sort of hell for me at work. Dealing with a huge HR issue that won't end until tomorrow morning (Monday, 4/3) at approximately 10:00 am...sorry, no details....my boss (bless his heart) only working 2 or 3 hours a day due to still recovering from his heart surgery (he's making me a wreck worrying about him even coming to work), so he's not much help with the the HR issue above (besides, he and I are in total disagreement about it, so that only makes matters worse)....2 projects that are past due on the glorious "MS Project" timeline (they are both stuck on my desk, thank you)...and a variety of other things, soooooooooooo....
Friday evening I'm running slightly late for an appointment, I rush out to my car and NOTHING. No gurrrring sound from the engine, no clicking sound from the starter, no ominous smoke or smelly or anything. Just plain dead. So I call J. and I get the usual questions...what's it doing...what's it not doing....what are you hearing...what are you seeing (dashboard)....and on and on. Ok, so he's on his way (an hour away). I call to cancel my appointment and go thru THE questions again....what's it doing...what's it not doing....what are you hearing...what are you seeing (dashboard)....and on and on. Of course, after answering...I get the response "Sorry, wish I could help. Take care." Sure I'll take care, I'll take care to walk to the nearest bar and order the biggest drink they have...LOL. So I go back into the office, or at least try...the building is locked and my key is not cooperating. Finally, after banging on the doors (I can see people walking around inside) someone comes over and lets me back in..."J., What's wrong?" I tell her my car won't start and here we go...THE questions...what's it doing...what's it not doing....what are you hearing...what are you seeing (dashboard)....and on and on. Her response is...gee wish I could help. Let's find a guy. Ok, so we walk into the inner-sanctum (the branch) and another girl walks up and asks what's wrong..."My car won't start. I hate to sound sexist, but are any guys around?" Here we go again....THE questions....what's it doing...what's it not doing....what are you hearing...what are you seeing (dashboard)....and on and on. By the time she gets to the last question I'm slightly peeved and so I look at her and say...."Nothing...what part of nothing...it's doing nothing, don't you understand?" I had hit my limit and 0 - to - 60 B**** mode was flying! How was I to know she's "mechanically inclined". Oh please! Give it a rest....I didn't intend to insult her... I was just tired of answering the same questions with no help. And besides, I'm female and my family can attest I am NOT mechanically inclined in any way. Nope not me! So now I have offended some female, who as she explained to me very bluntly...."Doesn't need a man." Congratulations honey...I'm happy for you! I need a man...I don't know, nor do I want to know anything about anything under the hood of a car. I'm perfectly happy to admit I'm mechanically challanged!
The surprising this about the event....everyone knows how laid back I am....nothing shakes me. I'm cool and calm....I don't have a temper at all! Right family? Come on, agree with me here.....please? I said, and I repeat...AGREE WITH ME DAMN IT!
Love ya.... (rolling on the floor laughing here cause I know what y'all are doing right now!)

2 comments:

Larry and Steph said...

I'm laughing my ass off because I can so hear you saying all this to the girl and I can actually see the look on your face. OMG...We are so related...there is no denying it. AND....I completely agree that I don't ever wanna know what is wrong with a car or how to fix it...that's what God gave us good daddy's, husbands, boyfriends, son-in-laws, etc. for...am I right? I love you!!!

Stacy said...

ROFLOL!!!When Mom hits BMode...look out!! LOL