Thursday, August 30, 2007

Time to head up north again

Ok, it's Thursday morning and I have loads of stuff to do today because I'm scheduled to go back to the slope tomorrow. So what am I doing...sitting here browsing the blogs. I'm in a funk. I'm not looking forward to returning to the slope. Ok family, go ahead, "I told you so!" No, I do like my job up north, but without going into detail (another story for another day) my boss and I are not seeing eye to eye and I have this fear (not fright as in afraid, just a foreboding) that if I don't end up quitting I'm going to get fired. Yes, it's serious and I've never been in a situation like this before. Again, without going into detail - I'm the new person so someone is going to take the blame - take the fall - and it looks like it's going to be me, not her. Needless to say, I'm dreading the whole confrontation, but not much I can do about it. Yep, I'm seeking other employment but we all know that it's not easy to just miraculously find another job in 2 weeks. To compound my funk, I was watching the grankids last evening while SM was at class and sure enough D was crying - for a couple of reasons. But when she came over and curled up in my arms and said she didn't want me to go back to the slope for three weeks, that it was too long for me to be away and she would miss me so much...yep, that did it! The poor girl has no idea of anything else going on with my job right now, but that just did me in.
Oh well, I'll keep you all posted. Love everyone!

2 comments:

stacy a said...

Okay, I'm not one to tell you I told you so.....so moving on.....I would love to tell you that there are plenty of jobs here but it seems like everyone I talk to is looking for work. Not to mention that Hoovers is closing in a couple of weeks so there are 700 more people looking for jobs.

Hope things work out for you. It does suck being the new guy. I also hate it when you get that arrogant, catty boss that has their nose so far up their boss' butt that they can't do anything wrong....so they pass the buck. Wonderful. Hang in there. :)

Larry and Steph said...

Hey you....chin up. I know the feeling of "quit or be fired"...in fact I know it all too well. I also know that a new job is hard to come by in 2 short weeks. It's been 3 months, and I still can't find a single thing...and not for lack of trying (approx. 70+ resumes sent out and counting). I hope that everything works out for you. As long as you know you are doing the right thing and can hold your head up high, there is no reason to hang your head. I'll certainly keep you in prayer that a solution is found easily and transitions are taken in stride. You can always email me or call if you need to vent... Love you to the moon and back!

Wish you could come home....