Friday, August 24, 2007

Another day up north

Wooohooo, someone besides me posted to the blog! I was sooooo excited - until I read SA's other blog noting that this post was supposed to go over there. Doesn't matter, I was just excited to know that someone - anyone - still looks at this thing! Ok, so now I'm going to be on a posting spree.

Life is life - nothing really exciting. I'm mid-way thru my first official 2 week R&R. The time is flying by and before you know it next Friday will be here and I'll be up at the butt-crack of dawn (2:30 am) to get ready for the limo ride to the airport to I can make my flight back up to the slope. My flight leaves at 7:00 am, barring weather problems, so I have to be there 2 hours early - ok, that's 5:00 am - and it's a 1 hour trip to the airport so the limo arrives in my driveway at 4:00 am. For anyone who may not know me too well - I am NOT a morning person so I have to get up early to drag my sorry butt around the house trying to get ready. I can't stand the rushing around at the last minute - it just makes me tired and wanting to go back to bed.

The grandkids started school this week. For D is was not too big of a deal as she's in 4th grade now, but R has just started kindergarten. Huge deal for both R and Mom. He is so excited to be going to school. Day 2 and he was already telling SM that she didn't have to walk him to his room. Wonderful, but once he gets to his classroom there a things that need to be done before he starts socializing with his new friends. He's such a boy - why worry about hanging up your backpack or putting your lunch away or even taking off your coat? But the teachers say he's doing well. And having them both in school all day will hopefully give SM some precious time to work on her studies - sure, right! She's such a Mom - help out whenever the school needs last minute help - pick up her friends kids when a last minute emergency pops up - if things don't change she's not going to get any studying done when her peeps are busy at school.

On another note - there is a definite chill in the air in Alaska. Summer is winding down fast. The leaves haven't started turning colors yet, but give it another week or two and they'll be falling off the trees in bushels and then the snow won't be far behind. The State Fair started so we'll be heading over there this weekend to indulge in all the healthy food we can handle. The big difference is that at our fair we need to take jackets/sweaters/ and even some gloves if we're going to be staying late into the evening. It gets darn chilly. Back in Ohio we'd be sweating our armpits off!

Ok, enough for now. I have to dig into my fun new project for this fall - College Albegra. Class starts on Thursday and I want to try to get a headstart now - lord knows I'm going to need it. It's an online class which is a plus because with my job I can't attend classes when I'm on the slope. Wish me luck with this one - I'm sure going to need it. (Oh, did I mention how much I hate algebra - and algebra hates me right back!)

No comments: