Saturday, February 11, 2006

So S&K are out and about in Vegas and I'm sure they're loving it. Talked to S last evening and she was doing well at the high stakes "nickle slots"...really! She had to leave her beloved slot machine and retire for a short nap...she was actually falling asleep at the machine. Talk about dedicated! K's archery tourney is going good.
D&R are doing fine. We've completed their Valentine cards for school, huge thank you to D for helping out so much with R's class. She can be such a little mama at times. ("No Robert, you can't put the sticker there. Let me show you." "No Robert, don't fold it again." No Robert, that's not how you spell that name." "Oh Robert, let me show you how." She just takes control and gets it done. Wonder where she learned that? (Maybe her Mama?)
On a sad note, my boss, Gordy, (F..you remember him) is in the hospital. He was rushed in via ambulance on Tuesday evening (2/7). He had passed out in the bathroom. At first they thought it was a stroke...ruled that out. So then they thought heart attack and ruled that out. So they did an angiogram (don't laugh at the spelling, I have no idea). Well, the news is a quintuple bypass. And also repair to a leaking valve. This is scheduled for Monday, 2/13. He's in good spirits and has a positive attitude, but naturally is scared silly. Being 65, he's worried about quality of life after the surgery and if he's even going to be able to come back to work at all. You see he has a series of other health problems, not the least of which is his diabetes. At the moment everything is out of control. None of his meds are working right and the doctor is actually surprised he's survived this long. Please, please keep him in your prayers.
For me, I'm beating myself up pretty badly right now. I've become so frustrated with him lately and he and I have had a couple of arguements (work related). Now I just feel so damned guilty for any stress I may have caused. He's such a dear friend. He's my mentor and my coach. He's my rock at work and yet he's been driving me crazy with not doing anything....just handing it all off to me. I know he's just trying to guide me and teach me...I know that. But I can only do so much and I've been feeling like I'm stretched to the breaking point. He's the kindest, gentlest man. I know he's only been doing what he feels is best....
Hope all is well back in Ohio.

Take care...love ya all so much!

1 comment:

Larry and Steph said...

My goodness...please tell him that he's in my prayers. Such a sweet, sweet man. I'll be keeping you in prayer too as you run with the "little" ones. I can so hear D. saying all that to R....what a trip. And I do think it comes from Mama. LOL Gotta love 'em. Lub you...