Saturday, January 03, 2009

Where did '08 go?

Wow, I can't believe it's 2009 already. It's so true about time flying by faster as you get older - not that I'm actually getting older!

It just seems that 2008 went be in a flash. But there were so many good things that happened. the ole' creating memories thing going on. A short trip down memory lane.......



My niece and nephew-in-law (is that a word?) made it to Alaska for vacation. It was L's first time to Alaska and we had so much we wanted him to see. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate for us to go fishing like we planned. That just means they have to come back up again!

S took her first ride on a 4-wheeler and I have to tell you - she's a natural! A bit nervious at first but before we knew it she was zooming around in no time like a crazed woman on a shopping spree.

It only took a few minutes of instructions and she was off and flying!

We had so much fun - laughing 'til we cried. Cried over memories. Laughing some more.

R started 1st grade and D is now in 5th grade. Lord, it seems like only yesterday they were babies.

I took my first fishing charter and it was great. We closed down the office for the day and headed to Seward. The boat I was on caught our limit! Our freezer has some tasty salmon in it. (Yes, that me, second from the left kneeling in front.) It was ate in the season so the weather was a tad wet but that didn't stop us from having a good time.


R and I made our trip to the North Pole to visit Santa. It was a wonderful trip. R knows about the Santa helpers that dress up at the local stores and he told me that this was the "real one". He could tell......










There was the trip in early June to S Carolina to a convention. I had forgotten how good it feels to walk barefoot in the sand!


And then the trip in late June to Texas for an OSHA seminar. And I can't forget the Vegas trip in October! A week of studying like crazy during the day and partying at night! Yes, I was tired when we got home but it was worth it.


Oh, and R joined the boy scouts! He and I spent a fun afternoon selling popcorn at one of the local grocery stores!

SM graduated from college in December! Hoooorayyyyy! Magna cum-laude no less. This is one proud Mom. I knew she could do it and I'm just darned happy for her. Graduation ceramonies will be in June. Ever the one to strive for more, she's already started taking classes for her Master's degree.


I'm sure there's loads more but I'm not sure at what point the blog will say "too much" and just dump me out. I'll close for now and hope this all posts!

No comments: