Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm sooooo screwed.....

This is solely for the humor of my family - my brother in particular. He will understand and appreciate my dilemna.

My alarm clock is broken. Well, not the whole alarm but at least the most important part of the alarm clock....the SNOOZE button. Yes, my precious, crucially important snooze button has simply decided to stop working! Now to some this might not be a big deal. But as I mentioned, my family is probably rolling on the floor laughing right about now. Yes, even J is chuckling about the whole situation. He's one of those people that wakes with the first buzz of the alarm and then gets out of bed and starts moving. To me, that's not natural. If we weren't supposed to use snooze buttons God would never have created them. I need to press the snooze at least 3 or 4 times each and every morning. It's my way of ever so slowly facing the morning. I'm not a morning person and need all the help I can get to drag myself awake. My family knows all too well just how much I depend on my snooze alarm each and every morning. I need my snooze button. I can't function without it.

Sympathy anyone?

3 comments:

Larry and Steph said...

I just sleep through the alarm...I have a really hard time waking up. I've always been one that even after I've heard the alarm, can turn it off and promptly fall back to sleep... I totally feel your pain. Mornings bite! LOL Lub ya!

P.S.---do you still keep one across the room too? or just the one?

stacy a said...

That must be a family gene. I agree with Jim...the alarm goes off, it's time to get up. Now your brother on the other hand could snooze it all day and still go back to sleep, sound sleep, in between snoozes. That's talent I tell ya! By now you should have a new clock though....right? If Jim really loved you he would be your snooze alarm until you get one.....yeah, right. Have a good day and don't be late! :)

Jackie said...

No, we just have one alarm on our headboard. Yes, that's too close cause I can smack it and go back to sleep in a couple of seconds. That just drives J nuts because he can't. Definitely a family gene. We will be getting a new alarm this weekend. Oh, and J being my snooze alarm... no way. He just tells me to quitting hitting the snooze. You think he would be use to it by now!