Monday, May 14, 2007

Back at it in Alaska

So we've made it back to Alaska in one piece....too many tears to count, but we're in one piece. The trip was great and the wedding was beautiful. My brother and sister (in-law) did an incredible job (way too much work for two people) and everything was just perfect for Miss F's special day. As the saying goes, the bride was radient. The groom had stars ( and a tear or two) in his eyes as he saw her walking down the aisle. My brother (Father of the bride) held up much better than I expected. After all, this is his baby he is giving to another man....as much as he loves L (the groom), I know how hard it was for him and I can only love him more. He's such a good brother, great Dad, loving husband, and just all around fantastic man. His wife and daughter are blessed to have him in their lives. SA (mother of the bride) was gorgeous and you could see the love between the two of them as they watched their baby girl become a married woman. The happy couple is on honeymooning in Vegas and "Mom and Dad" are busy picking up the pieces - returning tuxes, returning wedding cake parts, returning tables and chairs, etc, etc, etc.
Amid the joyous moments we had to leave Ohio once again. Let me tell you..it doesn't get any easier. Good byes at the airport were the hardest, of course.
Well, the tears are starting again and I need to get busy with the laundry I've brought back with me and all the other real life stuff again. Vacations can only last so long.......
Love, hugs, and kisses to the Ohio family. I'll start saving my pennies again and make the trip back ASAP.

No comments: